Hand blown artisan glass
Each Esington Glass is hand blown from a single piece of glass making each vessel unique. They are then quality checked for finish and filled by hand for accurate timing.
Soothing White Noise
“Congrats on the success of the Esington Glass! I’m a fan of the beautiful design and it’s simplicity. It’s a great product that many people need. Great job :)” – Liquid
“Congrats on the amazing success of your project!! Your product is so needed in this hectic, distraction-heavy world (and it’s very stylish as a bonus) so we’re not at all surprised to see how much people love it (us included)! “ – Svetlana Z.
“First off, I’d like to congratulate you on the HUGE success of your project, it is definitely well deserved.” – Noah D.
“Congratulations on getting this 100%+ funded!! I look forward to getting the large & small Esington glasses. I was attracted to it partially for time management but also I’ve done glass blowing in the past!! Beautiful work of art!!” – Shawn M.
How it Works: The Esington Method
Above: Picture of Rudy Marsh, inventor of the Esington Glass, taken from the original 2014 Kickstarter video. Using the Esington method, Rudy was able to read 27 books, write a book, start 2 businesses, learn programming, learn basic Russian and more in the first 90 days.
The Esington Method uses the Esington Glass 25 minute timer as the timer and boils down to 3 simple steps:
- Turn off all distractions
- Turn over the glass to activate the 3 cues
- Work on a single task until your time runs out
This unique combination of cues was designed to lower the activation energy required to form the habit. High activation energy is the prime reason habits don’t stick(and why only 8% of people are successful in achieving their New Year’s resolutions).
The Esington Method trains your brain to go into “hyperfocus” mode (also known as “flow”) when the above cues are given. This gives you the ability to destroy procrastination with the simple action of turning over the glass. It’s the famous “Click-Whirr” phenomenon Robert Cialdinii popularized in the book Influence.
The power of the Esington Method
- You are setting up an ultra fast work/reward cycle. Once the 25 minutes are up, you are filled with a sense of accomplishment and rewarded with a break. A dopamine rush will ultimately cement the habit in place and change you fundamentally as a person.
- Studies show periodic resting increases the quality, quantity and creativity of your work.
- You destroy what’s known as Parkinson’s law, which states that people and organizations will fill up and use all of the available time given to a particular task. For example, if you’re told you have a week to write a report, it will likely take you an entire week to get it done. Once you implement timeboxing, since you are given so little time to “sprint”, you may finish that report in one or two sprints.
The Esington timer has a “soft stop”. There are no annoying bells or beeps to signal the end of your cycle. Sometimes, your focus can take you well beyond 25 minutes, and that’s ok (especially if working on lower-energy tasks like answering emails). You don’t want to lose a valuable train of thought. Just be sure to rest proportionally to the energy spent working.
If you’re ready to destroy your procrastination and get 10x more productive, click here now to order an Esington Glass.